Sunday 22 March 2015

Could you be... The last of us?


And with that, the duo of Joel and Ellie from The Last of Us is complete!

I must admit that it took a LOT longer than I thought it would to paint these two. I think that Games Workshop models must be more towards beginners, as I have never had to spend this much time on any regular human models. I am, however, delighted with the results.

Notice that Joel has grass on his base, but Ellie doesn't? I figured that Joel would usually be the one to advance to a new area (like the games), so something should indicate that. In this case, Joel is advancing on a grassy green patch, while Ellie provides backup. I also wanted to mix up some texture paints as an experiment, so there was that too.

I spent a bit of time highlighted the edges of Ellies (Hasslefree Beth) backpack because it had sharper edges than Joels (Hasslefree Clint) backpack.

Being attacked by the Infected. Oh dear.

I used the Manufactorum from Warhammer in these images too. I was thinking of painting one up some day...

And of course, the usual backlog progress of Night Lords!





Now that I've caught up with the Night Lord infantry models that I wanted to do more highlighting etc on, I'll be taking a break from them to paint up something that feels less like assembly line work, like my Typhus model!

I've gotten a nice bit of him painted up already today, and have enjoyed it so far. It's very easy to make Nurgle models look good, I think...

Anyway, let me know what you think in the comments and thanks for looking!

Good luck!

3 comments:

  1. Nice models, what game system are they used for? Also I think I'd struggle to paint 'normal' models too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they're meant to be used with any system Jason, they're just some of the models that hasslefree makes. Hasslefree make a bunch of other ones "based on" games too.

      Delete
  2. Nice models, what game system are they used for? Also I think I'd struggle to paint 'normal' models too.

    ReplyDelete