Sunday 1 June 2014

Hey guys!

This week I managed to finish off my new Fallen Sorceror of Nurgle: Thanatos, the rust prince. I came across the name "Thanatos" on a random google search and it sounded cool. So I decided that since I've spent so much time painting this guy, I might as well name him too!

His backstory will probably involve something to do with him being a particularly old Fallen Angel. So old, that he simply could not have survived up until this point of his life without pledging fealty to Nurgle.

The Typhus Corrosion on his right hand is supposed to hint that he's either preparing a psychic power with that hand, or it's simply rotting away due to Nurgle's influence.


The upper half of this scythe actually broke off just after I finished painting him... Annoying, to say the least!



This is probably the best shot I have of him.

So aside from this guy, I've been toying with the idea of just how Fallen Angels would replace damaged armour over the millennia. I then remembered a certain 13th company that had to face the same problem...

http://kofler.dot.at/40k/units/Space_Wolf_Wulfen_Pack.gif

And so, I've decided to paint parts of my next Fallen Angel with sections of his armour as Caliban green, to show that they scavenge parts from the dead of their hated brothers! Should look cool!

Until next week, good luck!

2 comments:

  1. Nice idea on the armour Marc, the model looks class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frank, he took a good bit longer to finish than the rank-and-file Fallen Angels. The idea I had about the armour should be present on the left leg and right fist of the next Fallen too.

      Delete