Sunday 18 May 2014

Hey guys!

Two weeks have gone by since the last update, but now I'm back in Ireland and finally have enough time to myself to finally get stuck into project Fallen.

I also got my hands on the Black Legion and Crimson Slaughter supplements, as well as the Chaos Daemons codex while over in America. I haven't really gotten into the Chaos Daemons codex much yet, but it's certainly a good bit different from any normal codex. Between Daemonic instability, random wargear and a table that changes the battlefield every turn, I think it sounds like a fun codex to play with. Between the two supplements, the Crimson Slaughter one has way better fluff. I found it very interesting to read, and it even convinced me to start up a mini Crimson Slaughter army!

I have a few ideas for other projects too, since compartmentalising makes painting such a big backlog of models a lot less daunting.

So we've got:

  • Project Fallen (That's the current one)
  • Project Chaos (Chaos Space Marines. I'll throw a party when this one is done!)
  • Project Fallout (Just the twenty or so Fallout models)
  • Project Daemon (I haven't got that many to get through, thank god!)
  • Project Crimson Slaughter (Any Chaos stuff from Dark Vengeance, plus a squad of possessed)
  • Project Reborn
  • Project Raptor
  • Project Cultist
  • Project ORKZ!
  • Project Plague
Fallen, Fallout, Daemon and Crimson Slaughter are self-explanatory and have a note beside them to explain what they are anyway, however... 

  • Project reborn is where I use green stuff to 'Nurglify' some mini's that were over-zealously basecoated. I'll be replacing some of the pieces on the miniatures that are too smeared with spray to look in any way good. I figure I'll get around to this sometime later in this backlog.

  • Project Raptor will be where I take about ten of my old Assault Marines and "Raptorise" them into Raptors using green stuff! I'll be buying some new modelling tools form my local hobby store to sort these dudes out. I don't have a great deal of experience with green stuff yet, so I'm hoping that this project will get me going in that department!

  • Project Cultist is both where I paint all of my cultists, and also convert my Warhammer Fantasy Battle miniatures into cultists. I got the idea from the Grave Guard-style cultists I made before. Depending on how they look though, I might just use this as a project for painting all the cultists.

  • Project ORKZ! is just where I paint all of my Orks. They consist of the Assault on Black Reach set, a squad of Boyz and a squad of Grotz. This one will be tackled after everything else, since I'm not too pushed about my Orkz.

  • Project Plague will be where I convert some Warhammer Fantasy Warriors of Chaos into plague marines! They'll essentially look something like this guys conversion: linky, but with bolters and generally more chaotic/rusted looking.

Anyway, projects aside, I actually had a Noise Marine almost painted before I left, and had some free time to paint up another Fallen. Enjoy!






2 comments:

  1. Wow Marc I think you got more projects going then I do lol & welcome home even if you did bring the rain with you mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Frank, and believe it or not, I'm more of a rain person!

    ReplyDelete