Sunday 25 May 2014

Hey guys!

Two models down this week, another Fallen and a Chaos Spawn to spice things up!

The Fallen is pretty much more of what you've all been seeing so far. That said, he does have a nice little cleaver strapped to his leg:



This Chaos Spawn reminds me of a dragon for some reason. Probably the "wings", horned head and almost orangey skin-colour... His arm is a warped mixture of flesh and steel, shaping into a sword. The mace-like ends of the tentacles have a similar painting scheme going on too:

I didn't get around to finishing off his base in time for pics to be posted, although it'll be done as soon as the glue dries up fully.






I'm pretty happy with how he turned out in the end! Spawn seem to be easy to paint, and when they give off a specific vibe (Like my good old dragon-buddy here), it just adds to their character and makes me appreciate them that much more.

Lastly, a sneak-peek at what will be next weeks offering! My first Fallen HQ, a Nurgle Sorceror:


You might have seen him before in a previous post, albeit with a power sword instead of the nice little scythe. I know it's more of a Death Guard thing, but I figured that it was far more fitting than a simple sword. That, and the sword bent a little while he was in my suitcase...

The scythe was made from a Warhammer Fantasy Marauder spears lower half and the upper half of a Chaos Warriors melee weapon. I think it suits him far better than the sword, which was really just tacked on to differentiate him from any loyalist Turmiels out there!

Anyway, until next week...

G'luck!


2 comments:

  1. As someone who loves spawns I love your spawn Marc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Frank! I got that one painted over the course of a weekend. If all goes to plan with this new Nurgle sorceror (Thanatos, I think I'll call him), then I might be able to squeeze in another Spawn at the end of this week.

    ReplyDelete